Friday, August 15, 2008

Outside My Window

Zach and I have been trying to get a shot of some visiting hummingbirds for over a month now, so he came up with the bright idea to move the little feeder to a place outside the dining room window so we could watch for them. It's a fragile set-up, one good gust of wind will toss it over, but it's done us well over the past few days.





These first two captures are Zach's. Didn't he do a wonderful job? He has more patience and determination than I do (before his meds start to wear off anyway). He also isn't cooking supper, and folding clothes, in between hummer visits. :-) He got several shots like this the other day, I'm so proud!

This is the only one of mine that wasn't all blurry. I think it's the male but he's not turned so we can see his red throat.

We sure had a lot of fun trying and I think he's starting to catch Nanaw's photography bug, I sure hope so, I need a partner!

Y'all have a great weekend now, ya hear?

16 comments:

Sally said...

Wow - those are all great. Yeah, it would be nice to have that lil pardner on your photo taking expeditions. He's a great side-kick as it is, and so cute to boot!

You have a great weekend also, Ms Brenda!

Anonymous said...

I love watching hummingbirds. My SIL has a several feeders along her front porch. I could sit there quietly for hours!

Donna said...

Those are great! I've been wanting to take pictures of mine and just haven't gotten around to it yet, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Your photos are really great. My Mom always had a hummingbird feeder hanging on our front porch.

Anonymous said...

I love the hummingbird pictures. He did a nice job. Maybe he'll be a famous photographer someday.

Cas

Dawn said...

That is great that Zach got two great pictures and you Brenda is great. Have a great weekend.

Carole Burant said...

Tell Zach he did a fabulous job of taking pictures of that hummingbird...wow, I'm quite impressed:-) I have two hummingbird feeders hanging from the eaves outside my kitchen window so whenever I'm at the counter washing dishes or cooking, I can enjoy watching them come feed. Have a great weekend my friend. xoxo

Crystal said...

DAMN good photo's!!!!! I'm very impressed with the both of you and your pic skills!!!

Louise said...

Nice pictures! I was just trying to get a hummingbird picture today. I have a new one with unusual color. Not too sucessful. One of my feeders is the same litte one you have pictured. They LOVE it!

Donna said...

I'm Late..I'm Late, I know!!lolol...Fridays are Awful! I LOVE these pictures Girl!! Zach did a Tremendous job!!! And SO did You!! Happy night sweetie!!hughugs

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some great shots of the hummingbirds! It doesn't take much for that photography bug to bite, does it? I hope we'll get to see more of Zach's handiwork in the future!

Unknown said...

Those are all great shots. I love humming birds and have been trying to get some of mine at the feeder but the birds have been blurry in my photos. What a great job!

Joni said...

You and Zach both did a terrific job taking these pictures, they are so focused! I love Hummingbirds. Every now and then I'll see one in the garden feeding on the flowers...they zip in and zip out...I'm so glad you were able to catch these little guys to share with all of us!

hope you're having a good weekend ~

Jeanne said...

Those are wonderful Brenda! What a great site out your window watching those little things and your corn looks likes it's doing good too!

Anonymous said...

What amazing little birds. I would imagine that it's pretty difficult to get a good photo. You and Zach did a great job.

bichonpawz said...

Terrific hummingbird pics, Brenda!!!