Saturday, January 04, 2014

Brick Pile Keeps Growing

I wonder how long it'll take me to have enough to build something? 

I wanted something to drink and something sweet so after going through that dreaded Wally World earlier I stopped by the Sonic Drive-in for a med. mocha/caramel java chiller figuring that would kill two birds with one stone,,,ah,,,brick.  The young lady brings Zach's route 44 sprite and my java treat so I gave Zach his and sat mine on the dash in order to pay her.  Then, all I did was reach up to get my chiller to sit it in the drink holder and wouldn't you know that I grabbed too close to the top and spilled about 10 ounces of that icy, icky, sticky, cold, messy, stuff on the steering wheel, the floor, my pants, and anywhere else it could drizzle and meander to.

Let me tell you, 10 ounces doesn't look like a lot until it's covering the entire inside driver's side of your pickup.

Jax licked me all the way across the yard to the door.  Puppy and Jasper took over there to get their licks in until I got out of those pants.

A tub of soapy water later and the truck and I are not icky, or sticky anymore.  But then I spilled some coffee in the microwave.

Calf rope! I give!


3 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

messy to repair, nice the dogs helped to give you a laugh

Donna said...

Gracious, that's a LOT of liquid to spill in a car! Oh, and sticky stuff is the worst. At least you were a tasty treat for pets, LOL.

Sally said...

Well, that stinks! Or, I guess it was a treat for the "kids". I do stuff like that all the time; so don't think you're all alone. :)

xoxo