Saturday, December 19, 2009

Whew, I'm Beat!


I wanted to buy James a new shotgun for Christmas this year so today we went to Mack's Prairie Wing in Stuttgart, AR; quite a large sporting goods store. See the empty parking lot up there in the advertising photo? Well, today it was smack dab full, and as soon as I walked through the door and was bombarded with wall-to-wall human males clothed in cameo, I realized I had found Hell.

There wasn't room to walk so you sort of traversed with weaving motions through maze of bodies. Some were weaving themselves, some were merely standing in groups of 3 or more discussing their afternoon hunting plans, I believe some were even having family reunions. There were camouflaged persons who pushed and shoved their way through the aisles, and women with shopping carts prodding you from behind. Worst of all, it was impossible to tell which bodies were working there and which were shoppers, so after standing at one counter for about 30 minutes for a hunting knife purchase I'd had enough and started staggering my way through to the front doors and some much needed fresh air.

We did come home with a shotgun but we didn't buy it there cause I'm pretty sure we'd still be standing in line at one of those counters hoping that one of those folks we kept asking for help actually worked there.

13 comments:

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

That was a cute post I really enjoyed it and dear friend I could see myself in your shoes !!
I guess we have all been there done that... LOL!!
Have a great weekend
Diane

Donna said...

I would have turned right back out and left! No way that I shop this time of year! In fact, it's not going to be safe in the stores until about the first week of January. It will clear out when folks get their credit card statements and go "what in the heck was I thinking?!"

Jeanne said...

We tried stopping at Kohl's on our way home from the shore yesterday and I turned back around and left(after using their bathroom hehe). The lines were crazy mad. RYC: I loved doing my Project 365 and am planning on doing it again. Don't stress it or expect every pic to be hit out of the ballpark and you'll enjoy it. {{HUGS}}

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the well-priced Remote Desktop software for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central managed services software
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!

Virginia Gal said...

Wow, even at a gun shop there is that Christmas rush. Crazy!

Donna said...

Ain't it FUN???!!!! Geez! It's the SAME here...hughugs

SOUL said...

i got a perfect visual of this -- boy do i feel for ya--

it brought back the day that we went to the Cabelas grand opening out here. it really was hell. and me, with my agoraphobic/claustrophobic self-- after having been run over or bumped into at least fifty times-- that 'one more time' happened.. i can't remember what i said to the guy that bumped into me.. but just his look, and his not apologizing-- i couldn't hold it in, whatever it was.
poor soulman didn't know what to do. he was just standing guard -- to see which one was gonna throw the first punch i think, and see what he was gonna have to do next.

funny. guess ya had to be there.

but-- i think i didn't only scare soulman-- the guy sorta slithered away after he looked into my crazy lady -- i've had it' eyes
:))

happy monday

hope you are all done shoppin :))

kimberly said...

LOL....i love how you write!!!!!
hoping you have an amazing Christmas....full of happy moments with all those you love!!!
xoxo
kimberly

Cal said...

Just dropping by to wish you a Happy Christmas.

Carole Burant said...

Wish we could order everything online, then we wouldn't need to go to these stores to be pushed, shoved, prodded and what not! lol

Merry Christmas to you and yours, dear Brenda and may all your wishes come true during this magical season. xoxo

SOUL said...

howdy friend-
just came by to say merry christmas!

Donna said...

Hope you had a Beautiful Christmas Girl!! Merry Christmas!hughugs

bichonpawz said...

I'm sooooo tired too! Need awhile to recuperate!! Great post and one I sure can relate to! Happy New Year!!