Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Found but Lost



Jami and her husband went back to the lake Sunday morning. The divers found him in a 25 foot drop off just a few feet from the ropes and buoys of the swimming area. They brought our Zach to the surface at 12:07 p.m. on July 30, 2017.

That afternoon we met with the funeral director to make arrangements and that night we were able to see his body for a short time before they took him to be cremated. I touched him for the last time and as I stood there, a tear rolled from his eye and onto his cheek. He was biting his lip and I remembered all the times he would do that. I wanted to just shake him, wake him up!!


1 comment:

Sally said...

I've been gone and just saw this, Brenda.

Cannot even imagine your pain; you raised that sweet boy. God bless you, and give you some peace. :(

I love you.