Sunday, March 25, 2012

First Rose Blooms This Spring

This is a floribunda type rose because it's blooms flower in clusters.  The closest I can come to a name for this beauty (which I picked out years ago because it reminded me of the old fashioned roses my grandmothers grew)  is perhaps a "Betty Boop", although I think the Betty Boop has a brighter, more reddish blush around the edges.
Another floribunda rose, but also a type of climber, called Shazam. I love how it seems to change colors after it opens.    
 I also have buds on my Peace,  a little pink tea rose that James bought for me last year, and my two reds (one a climber, one bush).  My new rose for this year is a type of hedge rose called a Knockout Rose.  I can't wait to see how it does.

6 comments:

Donna said...

You Know I love a beautiful rose Girl! These are Beautiful!
Can't wait to see the blooms from Peace...I think they'll be Extra gorgeous this year!
(((HUG)))

Sally said...

Oh, so pretty! And, you will love the knockout roses; I've had them and they can be cut back, or just let em go; they can spread huge!

So happy to see you, any your roses.

A blesssed Sunday to you!

Dawn said...

Your roses are just beautiful !! I love the smell of them. I don't have any in my yard and my husband hasn't given me any in a long time. I will have to get on him !! LOL

Have a great week !! :)

bichonpawz said...

These roses are just beautiful Brenda! I'm so happy just to see things blooming!! Happy Monday, girlfriend!!

Out on the prairie said...

i love roses, such a lovely bloom.it isn't too far away here I hope.

Virginia Gal said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us - it looks lovely! And that garden, like something out of Better Homes and Gardens.