Friday, February 18, 2011

I Keep Forgetting!!

I did it again,  I let my blogaversary pass right on by with nary a thought again this, the 8th year!  I should remember it cause it shares a date with the Chick's birthday (aka Alexis), but I guess the excitement of a birth  wipes it from my mind.

Anyway, I thought I'd look back on my first year of blogging by posting a few of the entries from back then.

 How Women Really Think

Skinny people tick me off! Especially when they say things like,
'You know, sometimes I forget to eat. You have to be a special
kind of stupid to forget to eat.

A friend of mine confused her Valium with her birth control pills.
She had 14 kids, but she doesn't care.

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about
nothing (and then they marry him).

I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are
eating too much, smoking too much, impulse buying and driving too
fast. Are they kidding? That's my idea of a perfect day.

I know what Victoria's Secret is. The secret is that nobody older
than 20 can fit into their stuff.

Here is a Great reason to Smile:
Every 7 minutes of every day,
someone in an aerobics class pulls a hamstring.

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.

The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain
consciousness.

Amazing! You hang something in your closet for a while...
and it shrinks two or three sizes!

If you love something, set it free.
If it comes back, it will always be yours.
If it doesn't come back, it was never yours to begin with.
But, if it just sits in your living room, messes up your stuff,
eats your food, uses your telephone, takes your money,
and doesn't appear to realize that you had set it free...
You either married it or gave birth to it.

Look at how little Zach and Jordan were back then!

14 comments:

Sally said...

Happy Blogaversary Ms Brenda!! WOW, the time really does fly. I think I've been 7 years, but lost my first blog so I'm not really sure.

Those babies, how they grow!!! I know they're still cute and sweet, but goodness gracious they don't give us enough time when they're little. ((hugs))

GypsyFarmGirl said...

Happy Blogaversary! Love the blog post from the first year that you dhared! Some good thoughts to ponder!

Donna said...

WOW!! 8 Years!! And DON'T you Dare Stop!!
Hahahaaa....Aren't they cute??!!!!
We can't stop time can we Miz Brenda?!!!
HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY!!!
And here's to MANY More!!!
hughugs

Jeanette said...

Happy blogversary! I always miss mine in November! I think it's 4 years now. I wrote it on my calender this year so hopefully I'll remember! I'm also trying to keep a eye on my post numbers too!

Out on the prairie said...

Now you are going to make me look.I think i have a few months, I'm not good unless I have it written down on my calender right over my computer.Happy Happy anyways.

cassie-b said...

Happy Blogaversary! My 7th is coming up in another month. Where does the time go.
And the picture of the kids is so cute. They look a little older now.
Have a great day!

kimberly said...

happy blogaversary.....i do the same thing...have never celebrated any number of posts or years....just escapes me! :-)....thanks for the laughter today.....awesome....and many more anniversaries to you, brenda....
hugs,
kimberly

Donna said...

Happy anniversary to your blog! Eight years?! Incredible! I didn't even know they had blogs back eight years ago!

I'm happy to be your blogging friend for the past three years or so!

bichonpawz said...

Wow!!! I didn't realize it had been that long!!! Now I have to go back and look at when I started. Happy Blogiversary Brenda!!! I have so enjoyed getting to know you all this time!!! You better keep blogging because we aren't going to stop reading and commenting! Look at how little the kids were! That's a sure way to tell that time does indeed go by!

Debbie said...

Gosh. This is the first blog I've seen with an 8th Anniversary. Wow.

Happy Blogaversery and keep it coming woman!!

These were hilarious and I seemed to relate to every one of them LOL

Karen M said...

Did you invent blogging? I'm pretty sure I didn't know blogging even existed 8 years ago! Well Happy 8th Blogoversary! So glad to know you, even if I haven't been a very faithful blog buddy lately. I kind of got sidetracked with FB there for a while.

Virginia Gal said...

Happy anniversary!

cal said...

Hi Brenda

Just wanted to say I'm back blogging with a new blog at http://ramblingaboutthisandthat.blogspot.com/ I might even get back into it a bit more regularly now!

Joan said...

Wow .. it's been a long time hasn't it? This year will be my 7th. We shall grow old together.