Sunday, August 31, 2003

"there I go, turn the page."

I have many talents but baking, where you have to do a lot of measuring and stuff, ain't one of them. My husband says, and I quote, "Brenda, you are the only person I know who can fuck up a pre-made, packaged cake."

I decided this morning that it's been way too long since I had FRESH bread. I replaced the bread machine fairly soon after the fire because these machines advertise to be NO FAIL and I'd had pretty good luck with the old one I'd had.
Folks, they are no fail but you do have to put things in them in the right order for them to be able to work.

About 30 minutes ago, I loaded the machine with 1 cup of room temperature water, then added my bread flour (wheat today), made my little hole in the flour and put in my yeast, then I glance over to my left and there is the little paddle do-hickey that is supposed to be attached BENEATH all that water, flour and yeast.

I dumped all that out and started again so keep your fingers crossed, this could be a breadless day.

No comments: