Monday, August 25, 2003

I've been smiling for two days after having chats with Kat. It doesn't matter how bad or cranky I feel, I gotta smile after that. We've talked a few times over the phone and since the first time, every time we chat on here, I hear her voice as she types and I read and I laugh all the harder. She's doesn't have a drawl for sure (grin).

Yesterday was pretty busy. Hubby got the bright idea to cook burgers and hotdogs on the grill for the kiddies. This was all well and good, but we ended up with 17 here for lunch and not all of them were knee-high to a grasshopper. After everyone left and hubby took his afternoon nap, I laid down on the bed around 3 to rest my eyes for a few and woke up over 3 hrs later. I could hear Zach in the living room when I regained consciousness and I thought, "HOLY SHIT, I OVERSLEPT!". Much to my relief, it was still Sunday and not Monday morning though.

This morning I went through the usual routine to get us ready since I had to get Zach to school and myself to work for a few hours. I haven't done much of anything since I've been home and plan a restful, mess-off day tomorrow since Zach will be with his mom until Wednesday when I pick him up after school again.

Did I mention that it's still HOT and dry here? I feel like one of those "suthurn" belles in the old south,,,I'm about to swoon heah!!

No comments: