Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hints of Autumn


I'm not sure if this is Skipper or Baby Girl taking a break.


The Chick's creation


Bea-U-ti-ful mudpie, up close


Jillian doing some serious driving

I spent the Labor Day weekend being mostly lazy and becoming almost proficient at playing "Phase 10". It's a pretty neat card game but I'm not sure I'll ever be blood thirsty enough to use those skip cards as they should be used. I sure had a great time Saturday and Sunday talking and laughing with my girls though, and seeing all the grandbabies as they flittered around doing what little ones do so well.

Yesterday Zach and I rode down to the farm where I barely had time to snap a few pictures before James got too busy to mess with us. When we left to go home one JD mechanic had just finished repairing a tractor that was needed to pull a boll buggy and he was headed to the rice field to check on a combine that wasn't running right, another had just arrived to repair a cotton picker that wouldn't start, two stalk cutters were broken, one of the cotton pickers had a packer not working, and a module builder was leaking hydraulic fluid. We went ahead and got out of dodge so James could deal with all of that stuff.

12 comments:

Sally said...

Well, I see ya'll start em young down south; future farmer/horticulturist of America, and tractor/race car driver. They are sooooooooo precious!

:)

Carole Burant said...

Awwwww they are so adorable!! You have a future plant expert and race car driver:-)

Brent said...

One thing I learned by working on a farm, everything breaks down at the worst time. It's always a scramble.

ADORABLE PICTURES!!

mreddie said...

Cute pics of the little ones. Always something to repair on a farm. ec

Mary Lou said...

No wonder you had such a good time with all the grandkids!! James was gone!! YES!!

David said...

At first I thought that was a fox. Cute pictures. Grandkids do make times special.

Ms. Kathleen said...

I use to love making mud pies with my kids and soon I can make them with the granddaughter. Cute pics!!

Special K said...

Ahahahaha! Trust Mary Lou to say exactly what I'm thinking! Man, she gives me the creeps.

The cheeks on that Jilly Beans of yours are just made -- MADE, I tell you! -- for squishin'.

Anonymous said...

LOL nan that is Skipper or "charlie" as Alexis calls him when we are role playing LMAO and yes everyone says he and babygirl look like a fox..you should see them walking in high grass or the woods

Anonymous said...

Whew, that's a lot of stuff needing to be fixed. Aren't you glad you got to play with babies instead? LOL!

Anonymous said...

aw the chick made a beautiful flower arrangment in that pot :)
BTW, LOVE the new look of your blog

Anonymous said...

Cute kids! Your little dog looks just like a fox. Wonderful photos - thanks for sharing!!