Sunday, August 29, 2004

Taking a bit of a break here

Bubbie, Jerri, and the Chick came today for Sunday dinner but I didn't overdo things today. I dug around in the fridge and had an add-to-the-leftovers dinner. I added more potatoes to the leftover roast from Saturday, more spagetti to the leftover spagetti and meatballs from Thursday, opened a can of baked beans, boiled some sweet corn, made a pan of "cathead" biscuits, and baked a boxed carrot cake. A dish of fresh , sliced tomatoes rounded that off and we managed to pig out purdy good there for awhile. Now I've got leftover, leftovers.

A thought crossed my mind to take a nap after they went home but my mother-in-law dropped in so that nipped that in the bud. I've got 5 gallons of tomatoes sitting in my kitchen ready to be peeled for canning and a dishpan full of butter beans to shell. I reckon I won't get my nap now.

I hope everyone had a FINE weekend!



No comments: