Friday, August 27, 2004

School bus

Beginning Monday, if things work out, Zach and Miz Jessica from next door will be riding the school bus to and from school. Georgie (Jessie's momma) and I made this decision after just one week of fighting traffic (her to take them, me picking them up). We've got this new bunch of yuppie mommies who don't believe that any of the traffic laws apply to them and I'd really rather not be around when they cause a really bad accident. They also believe that they're the only ones who wait until the last second before the bell rings to drop off their offspring. They are wrong.

Anyway, since I'm more used to following slow-ass farm equipment and lack the constant ability to stop myself from jumping outta my truck to whip some uppity, traffic- law-breaking, Yuppie ass, I think the world would be a safer place if Zach rides the bus.

Mind you, I'm gonna miss the deep conversations with the kiddies on the way home.

Nanaw: How many bears stayed in their pocket today Zach? Zach? Zach?

Zach: Wait a minute, I'm thinking.

or

Jessie: There's this boy in my class who gets in my face and keeps saying, "do-it, do-it, do-it," and it makes me crazy.

Nanaw:
Next time he does it, smack him on the forehead and say, "did-it, did-it, did-it", that'll shut him up.

Nanaw:(a few minutes later) Uh,,just make sure you don't get caught.



*********didja know that frogs can't survive a float trip in clorinated toilet water?

No comments: