Monday, August 30, 2004

Late Night Phone Calls

I don't know about ya'll but when the phone rings after 10 p.m. at my house there's a 99% chance that it's not good news. Just before 11 p.m. last night the phone rang. My cousin Lisa in Alabama was calling to see if I knew anything about my Uncle Jerald's whereabouts.

It seems that he left West Helena on Friday or Saturday to move to Florida to live near his children in Ft. Walton. None of the family even knew that he'd left, only that he was considering the move. He had a woman with him of questionable character (who I'm currently trying to get some information on) and she called his daughter some time yesterday from Jasper, Alabama saying that he's missing. Noone has seen or heard from him so as you can imagine, it's pretty upsetting. He's 61 years old and not in the best of health. The Alabama and Florida State Police have been notified but we've had no word yet.

I'm sitting by the phone now, waiting for someone to call to say that he's alright.

No comments: