Thursday, November 18, 2004

I've been thinking again.

This is tough and if I don't watch it, there'll be smoke coming outta my ears here in a bit.

I live, and was born in, The United States of America (U.S.A. to shorten). So I was wondering, in that meadering way I have sometimes, why do we refer to ourselves as Americans? Why do others refer to us in this way?

We live on the North American continent which covers a big hunk of land that is shared by our Neighbors, the Canadians. Doesn't that make us ALL Americans? Throw in the attached big hunks of land below us which include Central and South America and that's a whole bunch of Americans.

Ok, I'm through thinking now. I think I'll go get another cup of coffee and get back to my blog strolling.



There's a new Chick story posted for your entertainment (and ours).

No comments: