Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Creaking bones

If anyone needs some live sound effects I'm here and for hire. My body is producing more strange sounds than a haunted house lately and just the act of removing my big butt from a reclining sleep position can cause more moaning and groaning than a "haint" in above mentioned house.

My knees started it. They will get me down pretty good but act all stiff and hateful when it comes to gettin me back to my feet. Now the rest of the joints decided to join the knees and have a party or something. This week the party princess is my left thumb. Do you realize how much you use your thumb? It began to be a little painful and swollen, then it started making these weird popping noises in the first joint. That didn't bother me so much except for the pain, which wasn't constant, but now the hussy is sticking on me and it hurts bad enough that I must manhandle it to make it let go. It's an aggravation because it interferes with my reading (I hold my book open with this thumb), my smoking (cause I hold my cig with this hand), and my ambidextrous abilities to be able to use the belt or fly swat for Terrorist control.

It's a good thing I don't have to use my left thumb to type or I'd have to go to the doctor or something. I can't have that! It's probably a good thing that it isn't interfering with my ability to do laundry and cook or hubby would be dialing 911!



P.S. I had a call from the water association yesterday to inform us that our water use was 67,000 gallons for November. Our normal use is between 10 and 15 thousand. Hubby's been looking for the leak. We only have a mile long service line and it's raining so things are not looking good. Anyone wanna buy some water? (if we find the leak that is.)

No comments: