Wednesday, April 30, 2003

I've talked of my Aunt Ruth before in my blog. She was just a great lady so I've just got to mention her again. She loved children and I think it was because she never lost her sense of being a child herself. She held the family together in her time and kept everyone in touch and some of that sense of keeping things going has fallen to me. When we were little ones, she would recite little rhymes to us and I've tried to pass them on to my children, nieces, nephews and grandchildren in hopes that they won't become lost. While leaving Kat an offline message in yahoo the other day, I sneaked in one of those rhymes and I sure hope she got a chuckle out of it. Here is another:

I had a little chicken
That wouldn't lay an egg.
I poured hot water
Up and down her leg.
Little chicken cried,
Little chicken begged.
But now my little chicken
Laid a hard boiled egg.

I'm quite sure there would be repercussions if that were to be taught in nursery school these days huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to go to see this web site, because i want enjoyment, for the reason that this
this web site conations really nice funny
information too.

Take a look at my web-site :: www.Youtube.com