Wednesday, April 30, 2003

I had a hibernation day yesterday. I didn't leave the house all day, wore my pjs until after cooking supper, took a bath, and put on clean pjs for bed last night. I thought of how nice it would be to be able to hibernate for days or weeks but then I thought of how that would be almost impossible for someone living in the country,,,in the delta,,,in Arkansas. The main reason for this is there is no home delivery, no take out, ANYTHING in the country. It's not even a good place for being car-free. There are no buses, no trains, no taxis (well I guess for a price you could get a taxi but he'd have to drive 12 miles or so to pick you up). There are perks though. I was able to walk around the yard in my pjs to water my newly planted things. If there are no tractors or low flying ag planes or pickups in sight, I can lie naked in the sun for short periods.

I reckon you have to take the good with the bad in life, but it sure would be nice to hole up for a few days and not starve to death in the process.

No comments: