Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Ok, I'm back in the delta after slipping away to the center of this great state for a few hours. The interstate traffic and construction weren't so bad this trip so I made it to our capital city in just under 2 hours and went directly to McCain Mall and the JC Penny sales. I really racked up in the children's department where I found some lovely little denim jumpers for 3 of the girls with cute little shirts to go underneath. I found capri outfits for the two older girls and a darling pink onesie for baby Lexi. Zach did a search and destroy among the racks and found a new spiderman shirt to which he became attached. And I also found the basic denim shorts and tees needed for school that we went shopping for in the first place! I then found himself a couple pairs of knock-around shorts, and a pair of sandals and two capri outfits for yours truly. Now, don't get it into your head that I'm one of those people that lives to shop or any such foolishness as that, all of this purchasing was done in about 1 hour, in one store! My idea of an excellent shopping trip is either online or on the phone with everything being IN STOCK!! Or, wandering around antique or the occasional junk shop to seek out the funky sort of earrings I adore and other wonderful stuff such as that. I've mentioned before, Martha Stewart, I AIN'T!

Since we had time to kill before my daughter was off work for the day, we decided to go to the Zoo and check out the animals. The Zoo in Little Rock is not very well planned. We walked for about 2 hours and did not find even half of the animals I think. It's a very small Zoo compared to some I've been to, but not laid out very well at all. Also the animals looked about as tired and discouraged as I sometimes feel. Zach is still talking about the tongue on that Giraffe though so I think he had a good time. I'm thinking we'll have to gather all the girls and their mommies and go to the Zoo in Memphis sometime this summer.

I spent a little time this morning, before the drive home, at my granddaughter's daycare. Ms. Niki really does amazing things with the kids and has them all learning together from toddlers to preschoolers. I had a good time listening and learning and I took some great photos that I'll post soon to my family website.

No comments: