Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Photo Challenge: These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Are we ready?  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's "favorite things".  Please hop on over to our Photo Challenge Blog and look below the post for links to all the wonderfully creative folks who joined us in this challenge.

Ok, here are a few of my favorite things:

Some of my hummingbird figurines.  I have a load of them and I love collecting them and receiving them from my family as gifts.

I love this cute little picture frame that I put photos of our babies in. Each of the little sections turns around so there are photos of each on the other side as well. 


A lovely piece of art that James bought for me from a tiny little gallery in Mountain View, AR when we visited up there a few years ago.  I  just love it!


I love the art work of our grandchildren.  Alexis did this one back last Summer. 

I think this was a joint effort by Alexis, Jaylen, and Jillian.
I'll have to do a blog entry one day to show off all of their talents.  They all love to draw and write stories.

Zach did this in Kindergarten or 1st grade. He was so proud when he brought it home.
I have so many favorite things that it was hard to chose just a few.  I hope everyone had a load of fun doing this challenge, I sure did!

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

I too had so many things it was hard to keep to just a few! I love all of yours and can see why they're your favorites!

Donna said...

Sorry I was late...grrrr....

Love these Brenda! Especially the Hummingbirds! When Crystal was born Larry brought me one to the hospital but sometime during the night, someone stole it...
hughugs

Donna said...

That picture that James got you is quite a lovely piece of folk art! And the drawings of the kids are too funny. Like what's up with all the eyes in the middle one, LOL? Makes you wonder what goes on those in those little brains! I think my favorite is the one with all the black and white photos of the kids. Precious!

Sue said...

Our kid's drawings are always among our most precious treasures.
I love your hummingbird figurines,nice collection.
Love your frame for the babies photo collection, that would have been one of my favorites too if only I had so many.
Sue.

Sally said...

So many wonderful treasures Ms Brenda. It would be difficult to choose a favorite, wouldn't it?

((hugs))

Out on the prairie said...

Very nice treasures Brenda,I miss art on my refrigerator

SOUL said...

again i have to say we are related in some way ! i love every single one of these -- and i just have to hear bout the hummingbird connection. i have a feeling there is more to this than ust a love of their beauty. will you email me and explain? i will then tell you my 'connection' and adoration of them. for me, and most other folks i have talked to that love hummingbirds - the connection is a spiritual one.
i hope this day is good to you - and each one gets better from here -
hugs to you !

Nita Jo said...

What great choices! I didn't think of a photo of photos, and the kids artwork. Love it! Also love the painting James bought for you. Nice!

SUGAR MOON said...

Enjoyed your photos, especially the one of Zach.

MarissaDW said...

YOu're right there's a lot to choose from. I love all my son's artwork, it just shows how much they see a different perspective from you.

GypsyFarmGirl said...

I can see why these are among your favorite things! Great pictures! I love the art that James got you and all the drawings from the kids.

bichonpawz said...

The artwork is beautiful! I love them all Brenda! Hope you are doing well, my friend!!
xo

Virginia Gal said...

children's art is the best! I have my daughter's first picture from daycare framed : )