Friday, February 25, 2005

I'm still breathing,,,,

Although the exhales still have the ashy reminders of the flames I was puffing out a couple of days ago.

After filing a report with the police department, I have a new cell phone in transit since some low-down, good-for-nothing, asshole decided that finding a brand new cell phone was like having Christmas in February. I back-tracked and the only place I could have left the phone was in that damned rental car that I never should have had to be in in the first place. I'm not sure why I expected the finder to be so kind as to give me a call and tell me it was all safe and stuff. I really suspect the guy, who brought my truck and picked up the car, and his riding partner are the ones who found and kept the phone but there's nothing that can be done about it. I'll learn someday to keep up with my stuff, I reckon.

Anyway, I've been feeling all bitchy and stuff this week but I'm trying to get over it cause the stress is killing me!



I've been listening to Rock103 on the way to work and the City of Memphis is pretty much putting up with much the same stuff as many of our cities in the delta have been lately. The Mayors in and around our little slice of the U.S. have all come down with a Hitler complex of some sort.

Top of the list is Mayor Willie Herenton in Memphis who thinks he's God, or at the very least, his right hand man. His dictator-like antics have been going on for months now and I think the folks in Memphis are about to get fed up with it. His latest hate mails concern his intended layoff of over 2000 city workers this week after recently giving himself and a few select staff members little tidy raises. This man has 7 security guards on the payroll to guard himself from the masses. Anyone feel the love?


Even the Memphis police officers are sporting a bumper sticker with this nice design on it.


And this was added after an announcement by Herenton a few weeks ago that he admittedly fathered a child out of wedlock.

Ya'll keep an eye out,if things don't improve, property values in Memphis, TN could soon be taking a nosedive as folks try to rush to the Mississippian surburbs.

No comments: